Saturday, June 03, 2006

Welcome.

This blog was created as a place to talk about pedagogy and methods of musical brasswind performance.

I am creating this in response to the large amount of misinformation and inefficient processes taught out there, as well as to answer the increasing amount of correspondence I get regarding this subject. This is in attempt to centralize the writing I've done and make it available to everyone.

Words certainly do not take the place of live, interactive teaching, but they can help.

This information is directed towards performers of any level, teachers, and students alike and is applicable in both group and individual settings. Many students, players, and teachers are in situations where this information is not readily available. I am here to help you.

The goal is to simplify; to make things more organic; for us all to learn though this process.



Feel free to email me with your questions, and I will answer them in this blog.
(be patient, sometimes it takes me a little while to reply)

joe@tubajoe.com